Monday, October 12, 2009

Blenheim Print Room Induction



I haven't heard that many good things about the Blenheim Walk print studio, but they seem to have a really good range of facilities, as far as I remember they've got pretty much the same deal (maybe less?) with screen printing as Vernon Street, but it's a lot more textile orientated. I don't know much about screen printing so it was good trying out the vacuum and just kind of seeing how it worked. We practiced doing a CMYK screen print which seemed pretty easy but I can imagine it going wrong if I was left to my own devises. We were shown general safety etc. before we got to have a go at flock and foil printing. The example ones we were shown were pretty lame, but I can imagine them being of use in the future, it all seemed quite simple in process but you could easily produce some really interesting work. I'd definitely like to practice the multi-colour screen prints and peel myself away from the computer a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment