Saturday, November 14, 2009

Geometric Shapes

I've had a minor polygon obsession with my work recently, it seems to be that the first things I start drawing are triangles, rhombuses, etc. I thought it would be cool to experiment using bitmap-image creating software, rather than all the vector ones i'd been using previously. This way I could be alot more detailed, using more rudimentary software like microsofts Paint application and the Mac alternative Paintbrush. These were so much fun to use, i guess because it felt so much more like real drawing in comparison to vector programs, everything was kind of more in MY hands rather than the softwares. This took a lot longer than I'd hoped...

Basically what I did, because the software is like super lo-bit you can zoom in (up to 1600%) and click, using the paintbrush or line tool, adding colour literally bit by bit.

The process was pretty long, and you'll notice the many little imperfections the closer you zoom in, everything blends pretty well from a distance. Working with something like paint made me feel a little more like it was me, rather than the computer doing the work, like I was a lot more in control of how things were going to look, similar in that sense to screen printing. There something far more satisfying about you kind of 'instructing' the computer to do certain things, and not just working with in the confines of a certain piece of software.

No comments:

Post a Comment