Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Universe Corrupted

The full episode of The Universe (S03E09) is about an hour long so I've uploaded some highlights from the datamoshed .avi , at first it seemed it was going to be impossible to edit at as no player would accept the corrupted file. But I managed to open and edit (only to a certain extent) on MPEG Streamclip. Thankfully, once saved through MPEG Streamclip, I could open in Quicktime and easily removed the audio, which was a less interesting result of the corruption.
What I'm guessing has happened is the corruption of the data has caused a misplacement of the key frames, so the transitions between 'scenes' are the most interesting.

Part One

The Universe Corrupted pt.1 from Joe Durnan on Vimeo.



Part Two

The Universe Corrupted pt.2 from Joe Durnan on Vimeo.




I chose this TV program not only because I was interested to see the result it had on the complex cgi environment, I also felt it was critically appropriate in terms of the texts I've been reading and the concept of 'simulations' to aid our undrrstanding of the 'unseeable'.

No comments:

Post a Comment